Transition Girl

Why transition girl?... Best answered by a quote from the Iliad....."The soul was not made to dwell in a thing; and when forced to it, there is no part of that soul but suffers violence."

Thursday, January 13, 2011

hiatus

I have a few minutes to advise my blog updates over the next several weeks may be a tad sporadic. Mainly because I have a cousin from Verona visiting me over this period.

I picked him up from the airport this morning and he's now in a jet lagged induced sleep coma so I have not yet figured out how much of my already limited spare time will need to be spent showing him around the city and surrounds. Even a small amount will eat into my writing time so the near distant future will be less productive than usual. Don't want to lose that momentum that comes with the discipline of regular writing so I need to figure out a way to juggle work, writing, and being a tourist all at once. My hand-eye coordination is crap so this prospective "trying to do three things at once" exercise kind of scares me a little.

I am expecting comments back from my editor next week though. She emailed me yesterday to apologise for the delay as she's been on holiday and has not been able to complete her assessment in the usual timeframe. Hopefully I won't have to do too much rewriting as I'm keen to stay on track to get the manuscript to the agent by the end of January.

I feel exhaustred already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home