Transition Girl

Why transition girl?... Best answered by a quote from the Iliad....."The soul was not made to dwell in a thing; and when forced to it, there is no part of that soul but suffers violence."

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

mouse pains

Did not write last weekend for a few reasons.

First - my older brother was visiting from interstate to run a marathon. He has taken up running in recent years with a passion, mostly to give him the freedom to eat what ever he likes. Balancing the passions so to speak.

Second - my wrist is aching because I have done so much writing in the last few months, I seem to have acquired a repetitive strain injury from over use of the computer mouse. Damn it. My favourite oesteopath is now treating it but it has meant some curtailing of my writing activity.

Third - after the excitement of creating the ideas for the other parts of the trilogy, I have struggled to get started in writing the first chapter of the next novel. While I eventually wrote an excellent first scene, I found myself wondering how to write the second scene.

I wrote the last book sequentially (i.e. chapters written in the order that they would be read) and suspect that the book I am writing now won't lend itself to that. Generally speaking, I do not usually write sequentially as I prefer to put the pieces of the puzzle together once I have the main ideas on paper.

After several hours of staring at the screen last Saturday (before my brother arrived for his run), I started brain dumping the main ideas. I think I will need to do that some more over the next few weekends while I wait for my hand to recover and my energy to string full sentences together return.

In the interim, I have a job interview to study for and a few parties to fill the next few weekends. Mega birthday bash and Halloween. Dress ups! Woo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home